The right food for your child
Often I hear Mommies being worried about their babies/kids if he is eating right and is it sufficient for him?
I have been telling a lot of mom’s that eating right is a habit, and you should be inculcating this to your baby ,right from when they start solid food. And yes eating right is an enormous topic ,I would cover only a few aspect here specially for 6 months old baby.
First thing first, try really hard to breast feed your baby exclusively for 6 months and at least for 2 years(partial feeds). When you would see the nutrition part of formula and breast feeding, you would find they are more or less same, it’s just that former is synthetic and another one natural and full of antibodies which gives your baby a strong immunity. And in longer run you would realize that all you need is a strong and immunized baby from all the odds, so breast feed….
Now let’s come back to our weaning topic, babies grow so fast and so does their food requirements. We rely on very limited options , but then perhaps we should think , if we are given Chapati sabji everyday, how would we react? Same way, they stop eating and spit out the food which makes us frustrated but yes now you should understand why they do that?
When I realized it, Bringing varieties and healthy to babies platter became my whole and sole motto ….
Now when I say right and nutritious eating, keep below in mind:
- Absolutely no Salt
- Say No to sugar
- No preservatives and any kind of chemicals /flavors
- Natural and no artificial stuff
- Varieties is life
Perhaps I will write different articles discussing each above point in details.
At foodstrukk, we really understand why is variety so important for baby, because with each different kind of food , your baby gets different kind of nutrition. Let’s see a few examples :
- foodstrukk Sprouted Ragi, Raw Banana and Dates mix: This Mix is an excellent source of protein, calcium, good carbohydrates, iron, fibre, Vitamin D, potassium and so much more. A bowl of this makes a very fulfilling breakfast and keeps your baby active.
- foodstrukk Buckwheat and Sweet Potato Mix: Made from organic Buckwheat, popularly known as Kuttu Ka Aaata in North, is widely used around the world as baby food. It has notable amounts of Niacin, Vitamin B2, Folate, Potassium, magnesium, calcium, antioxidants, minerals, fibre and a lot. Who would not want to give all these benefits to their babies.
- foodstrukk Amaranth and Makhana Mix: Made from Organic Amaranth (Ramdana)and Makhana is good source of good carbs, Vitamin A,B,C , Protein, iron, fibre, high magnesium and low sodium, prevents inflammation.
- foodstrukk Barley and Oats Mix: A mix of Malted Barley(would write in details about benefits of sprouting and Malting of grains/cereals) and Oats is a good source of fibre, eases constipation due to its good fibre content. It is a good immunity booster and makes bones and heart strong. Its rich in anti oxidants,manganese, phospohorus ,iron, zinc, folate and so much more.
We have other variants too, but to give you a brief idea as to how thoughtful the porridge’s are, we do take care of different nutrients which your baby deserves.
Now, I would like to emphasize on eating healthy. Our generation has grown up eating completely wrong, we started with formula milk, sugar,salt, honey,preservatives, because it was promoted as the most healthiest option then. Now I am sure we would appreciate that they are not healthy and are indeed harmful when it comes to providing it to a six months old. Our generation at a very young age, have issues like high blood pressure, diabetes, bad immunity and a weak body. What do you think what went wrong when you see your grand parents much healthier than us? So let’s pledge today we would give our baby only and only healthy food and would inculcate healthy eating habits. By providing the right food, you are indeed gifting her a good life for life long. Let’s gift that Mom’s.