SWEET POTATO FOR BABIES
Every mother always chooses what’s best for their kids and feeds their child with love. When the baby starts taking solid foods, mothers become more conscious as they have to provide highly nutritious foods for their kid’s timely growth. That time, most choose sweet potato puree to include in their baby’s diet as a healthy start. Sweet potatoes are good source of many vitamins and good calories that aids proper digestion, absorption and healthy weight gain for ensuring both physical and psychological developments. Moreover kids get attracted to it’s sweet taste and creamy texture to have it without any hesitation.
• Full of nutrients
• Good calories
• Rich source of starch and dietary fiber
• Helps in weight gain
• Boosts immunity
• Easily digestible
• Good for heart
• Strengthen bones
hen to Incorporate Sweet Potatoes in Baby’s diet
You can start feeding sweet potato puree when your kid attains his 6 months of age. When the baby turns 8 months of age, you can also mix it up with cooked rice or oats to make more nutritious and tasty porridges.
How To Prepare Sweet Potato Puree
1) Peel sweet potato and cut into cubes. Take some water in a sauce pan and bring to boil , then add sweet potato cubes. Reduce the flame to medium and cook for 15 minutes until it becomes soft. Drain off the water and let it cool. Put them in a blender and to make thick puree.
2) Peel sweet potatoes and cut them into square pieces. Steam them using a steamer until it become smooth. Then use a blender to blend them to get puree.
How to Select Sweet Potatoes
• Try to choose organically grown sweet potatoes
• Try to buy small or medium sized sweet potatoes with firm smooth skin
• Don’t buy if the sweet potatoes have any signs of rotting
How to Store Sweet Potatoes
• If you store them in dry place under room temperature ,use them within a week
• If you store them in refrigerator, use them within 2 weeks.
• Don’t use them if it turns very soft or smells weird.