- This millet is also known by various names such as Varagu, Arikelu, Arika, Kodra, Harka, Kodua, and Varak.
- Kodo millet is low in glycemic index (GI) and high in fiber when compared to rice, making it a healthier alternative to rice.
- Foodstrukk Kodo Millet comes in a 500gm pack, making it easy to store and use.
- Kodo millet is a versatile ingredient that can be used in a variety of dishes such as porridge, upma, dosa, and more.
- Kodo millet is rich in essential nutrients such as magnesium, phosphorus, and antioxidants, making it beneficial for overall health.
Foodstrukk Kodo Millet | Kodri | Natural Grains 1kg – (Kodra/Varagu/Arikelu/Hark/Varigu) | Native Low GI Millet Rice | High Protein & 100% More Fibre than Rice
About this item
- HEALTH BENEFITS: Siridanya Kodo Millet Are Low GI, Gluten Free Food Grains With Higher Fibre Content Than White Rice. It Has The Highest Fibre content – 12.5% Among All Millets. This Positive Siridhanya Millet Has 3 Times More Calcium, 2 Times More Phosphorus, 7 Times More Magnesium, 6 Times More Vitamin B1 And 2.5 Times More Folate Than White Rice. It Is Very Much Suitable For Diabetic People To Help Control Blood Sugar Levels.
- HISTORY: Kodo millet is an annual native grain that is grown primarily in India, Nepal and also in Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand and West Africa. Kodo millet is a Siridhanya and is called as the “Adi beeja” (Original seed) named after the Sun.
- COOKING: Replace White Rice With Sridhanya Kodo Millets For Any Recipe. Soak In Water For An Hour Before Cooking. Cook In Pressure Cooker Or Rice Cooker Just Like White Rice. Can Be Used To Make Pulav, Pongal, Kichdi, Bisibelebath Or Any Other Dish Where Rice Is Used. It Is A Nutritious Substitute To Rice For Making Dosa And Idli Batter As It Grinds Well In The Grinder When Soaked Overnight. Sweet Dishes Like Kheer And Payasam Can Also Be Prepared Using Kodo Millets.
- NEAT and CLEAN: Buy Our Millet Online which are Freshly Harvested Organic Kodo Millets. They Are Double Cleaned, Destoned, Dehusked, Size Graded, Colour Graded, Without Any Sand, Dust Or Foriegn Particles. Enjoy The Real Good Flavour Of Our Premium Millet Grains in the Most Natural Form And Taste.
- FARMING: Millets Are Sustainable Crops That Require Very Less Water To Grow When Compared To Rice Or Wheat. They Are A Grass Species And Grow In A Short Span Of 3-4 Months. They Are Naturally Pest Resistant And Do Not Requre Any Chemicals To Grow And Hence Organic.
You may also like…
Little Millet Vermicelli/Sevai|Healthy Snacks|Millet Food|Suitable for all ages₹120.00 Read more
Jowar Millet Noodles|Healthy Snacks|Millet Noodles|Suitable for all ages₹130.00 Add to cart